The mango has been eaten by humans since it was first found in the tropics of South Asia at least four thousand years ago. Since then, it has made its way into many culinary traditions in the form of salsas, fruit salads, and even the occasional bit of sushi.
Popular for its great taste as well as its strong nutritional benefits, a one-cup serving of mango offers you all of the following:
- Fiber: The 2.6 grams of dietary fiber found in a serving of mango helps you to prevent heart disease, diabetes, and digestive problems.
- Vitamin A: One cup of mango gives you approximately 35% of your daily recommended dose of this valuable vitamin.
- Folic Acid: You need plenty of this B vitamin for proper health, particularly if you are pregnant. Mango represents a good way to get about 16% of your daily recommended folic acid.
- Vitamin C: Women need about 75 mg of this vitamin every day, and men need about 90 mg. Mangos give you about 60 mg per serving.
- Potassium: One cup of mango gives you 277 mg of this mineral, which serves to control blood pressure.
You can enjoy the great taste and nutrition of mango at our sushi restaurant in Seattle on Lake Union in the form of our fruits roll, our spicy mango roll, and our tropical roll.